In the latest edition of our ergonomics risk magazine, Cardinus Connect, we lead with an article that explores the relationship between our increasingly sedentary working lives and diseases such as cardiovascular disease and other associated diseases.
In Beating the Hazards of the Sedentary Office, Jonathan Daniel and Gareth Jones of Fitback, look into the rise in the level of certain diseases alongside the rise in sedentary work practices. Particularly, the pair look at environmental and behavioral changes and how these might help us remove and reduce some of these office hazards.
With workers spending between 65% and 75% of their working day sitting, the time to stand up for your life is here.
The magazine has plenty of other fantastic articles in it too. We learn about the imperatives on organisations of introducing employee wellness programs, we learn why vision care is so important for employee health, plus we deal with the issue of ergonomic add-ons and how they can be managed.
Get your copy of Cardinus Connect Winter/Spring 2017 for free, here.
A full list of the articles in our Winter/Spring 2017 edition:
- Beating the Hazards of the Sedentary Office, Jonathan Daniel and Gareth Jones
- Employee Wellness Programmes, Andy Hawkes
- Add-ons in Office Ergonomics, Meghan Kress
- Memo to Humankind Managers, Ian Chong
- Potential Long Term Effects on Children from Daily Backpack Wearing, Dr Romina Ghassemi
- The Importance of Ergonomics as a Business Tool, Cynthia Roth
- Vision Coverage: An Effective Tool for Wellness, Pat McClelland