Safe Driving Programme FAQs

Below are the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

Who needs to complete the Safe Driving Programme and  obtain a permit to drive?

If you drive:

Between your home and the office

And drive to any other branches

Or courses and meetings

These are classed as business journeys, which means you need to complete the programme and obtain a permit.

If you only drive between your home and a single place of work, this is classed as commuting and you don't need a permit. 

I haven't received the eDeclaration (licence checking link)

This link is sent from [email protected] 
to your Barclays email address. 

This may take up to 10 days to arrive. 

If it hasn't arrived within 10 days and isn't in your spam/junk folder, please contact us.

Alternatively, if you have access to a printer, you can complete a D906 form by hand for processing. 

This can't be processed if there are any crossed out sections or errors. 

Click here to download the D906 form. If you have completed this form you don't need to complete the eDeclaration.

I'm a non-GB licence holder

Northern Ireland

Complete DVA and D906 forms and email these to [email protected] 
including your staff number and name in the subject line. 

Other non-GB

Complete D906 and non-UK Licence Attestation forms and email these to [email protected] with a copy of your licence (front and back) and the date you became a UK resident including your staff number and name in the subject line.  

Non-GB licence checks will take a minimum of 15 working days to be processed

If you have completed this D906 form you don't need to complete the eDeclaration.

My insurance is showing as insufficient

The following applies to drivers who are using their own private vehicle for business journeys.

Business cover is a legal requirement and is required to obtain the permit.

Your insurance has been returned as insufficient, this means that the certificate provided did not state that business use is included in your policy.

Please discuss this with your insurance provider and email your updated Certificate of Motor Insurance to [email protected]  

Need to speak to someone?

If the guidance above hasn't resolved your query, please check our help section or use the contact details below.

Call us

0207 444 9506