Sign up to receive wisdom.
Stand Up for Your Life – Beating the Hazards of the Sedentary Office
Connect, Winter/Spring 2017: Stand Up for Your Life
With office-based work become the standard, and with UK office workers spending between 65% to 75% of their working days sitting, there has been a rise in the risk from associated diseases. In the lead article, FitBack’s Jonathan Daniel and Gareth Jones discuss how we can beat the hazards of the sedentary office with a range of tips and examples. In the modern sedentary office, you have to stand up for your life.
We’ve also got an array of articles across the spectrum of risk management, from a real-life case study of the dangers of underinsurance, through to fostering a culture of safety within our fleets. Download the whole magazine for free by entering your details above.
- Beating the Hazards of the Sedentary Office, Jonathan Daniel and Gareth Jones
- Employee Wellness Programmes, Andy Hawkes
- Underestimating Underinsurance, Jamie Truscott
- Inspiring Change, Nigel Heaton
- Add-ons in Office Ergonomics, Meghan Kress
- How to Effectively Manage the Total Cost of Risk, Andy Price
- Memo to Humankind Managers, Ian Chong
- Trends in Health and Safety Prosecution, Mark Preston
- Potential Long Term Effects on Children from Daily Backpack Wearing, Dr Romina Ghassemi
- How Technology has Become a ‘Good Virus’, Matthew Elson
- Plus much, much more
Why sign up?
Three times a year our content team head out across vast plains and treacherous oceans to collect the cream-of-the-crop articles, think-pieces and case studies to put into our magazines. If you’re after a glut of great articles and a slew of smart-thinking, then this is the place for you. Sign up here to receive this magazine, and more, in your inbox.
Discover Healthy Working:
Healthy Working is our next-generation DSE risk assessment product. It was created to meet every worker’s needs. Click the link and sign up to a free trial for up to 5% of your workforce.