Sign up to receive wisdom.
Health and Safety Legislation and Property
The law requires that suitable and sufficient assessments of risk are carried out in all communal areas of residential properties. This is because these areas are deemed to be places of work. This covers not only residents, but also staff, visitors, contractors and property management employees. These assessments need to be carried out by someone with the necessary competence, which will usually be carried out as part of a site survey.
In this white paper we provide the majority of health and safety legislation that will matter to you, as well as telling you how Cardinus Risk Management can help you meet your obligations with a variety of services.
This white paper covers the following legislation:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
- The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
- Health and Safety (Safety, Signs & Signals) Regulations 1996
- Plus many more
Why sign up?
With contributors coming from the world's leading companies and organisations, our white papers provide property professionals with the latest in industry-leading thought. To sign up for future free resources, and keep up-to-date with industry changes, enter your details into the form above.
Try our property risk survey tool:
Check out our property risk survey management tool, Indigo. It's our latest tool that helps property managers easily identify, assess and mitigate risk. Click the link for more information, or to speak to someone about your requirements.