Eco-Driver Training to Improve Fuel Efficiency
Being more aware of how economically you’re driving saves you and your organisation money and helps you to simultaneously adopt safer driving behaviours.
Everyone Saves with Fuel Efficient Eco-Driving Training
Fuel expenditure is one of the major line items on any organisation’s yearly budget. Reducing fuel costs by as little as 10% can have a big impact on your bottom line. Our fuel efficient eco-driver training teaches your employees to drive more economically, saving your business and staff money. Adopting efficient driving behaviours often saves lives as this driving style shares similar practices to safe driving, giving this course multiple benefits.
Fuel efficient eco-driving equals all round success
Our fuel efficient eco-driving tips for success
1) Check your revs – change up before 2,500rpm (petrol) and 2,000rpm (diesel)
2) Anticipate road conditions and drive smoothly, avoiding sharp acceleration and heavy breaking
3) Use air conditioning sparingly as it significantly increases fuel consumption
4) Drive away immediately when starting from cold – idling to heat the engine wastes fuel and causes rapid engine wear
5) Remove roof rack when not in use as they significantly increase drag
6) Avoid short journeys, a cold engine uses almost twice as much fuel
7) Stick to speed limits and make your fuel go further. Driving at 80mph rather than 70mph uses 10-15% more fuel
8) Plan your journeys to avoid congestion, roadworks and getting lost
9) Check your tyre pressure regularly, under-inflated tyres are dangerous and can increase fuel consumption by up to 3%
10) If you’re stuck in a jam, switch off, cutting the engine will save fuel and stop emissions
Fleet Risk Audit Tool
We provide everything you need to manage your occupational road risk. Our fleet risk management services provide an effective way to reduce your organisation’s occupational road risk.
Click on the button below to complete our free online fleet risk audit to find out where you can improve your organisation’s fleet safety.
Find out more about our Fuel Efficient Eco-Driver Training
Fill out the short form below and we will get back to you as quickly as possible to discuss your requirements.